QOGA members value and conduct their operations following these guiding principles:
Community Impacts Benefits:
- QOGA members will communicate with local elected officials about upcoming projects and obtain all necessary permits and authorizations well in advance of the commencement of operations or activities;
- QOGA members will employ qualified Quebec residents as much as possible in their local operations;
- QOGA members will work with local organizations to identify and use qualified, local contractors and sub-contractors where available to participate in activities associated with their operations;
- QOGA members will support or participate in local community initiatives that align with their corporate community investment values and philosophies;
- QOGA members recognize Aboriginal Rights and will respect regulatory requirements to consult with Aboriginal communities impacted by member activities.
- QOGA members will consult with provincial and local authorities and directly impacted landowners to mitigate impacts associated with competing land uses such as site selection, access road construction and use of local secondary roads;
- QOGA will manage the footprint during and after its operations in order to restore the land, according to regulation, for the use and enjoyment of other users.
- QOGA members will openly and honestly engage in proactive consultation with directly impacted stakeholders (such as surface landowners);
- QOGA members will provide accurate information to impacted stakeholders and interested parties about their operations;
- QOGA members will take stakeholder concerns into consideration in making decisions and mitigation planning.
We can all benefit from the development of Quebecâ€™s hydrocarbon resources for a secure, clean energy future.